Chex Mix
Easy Chex Mix
- 4 cups corn Chex
- 4 cups wheat or rice Chex
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 2 T Vegan Worcestershire Sauce (off brands are usually vegan; check ingredients for no anchovies)
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- nutritional yeast (optional)
Preheat oven to 300.
Place Chex, pretzels and peanuts in a large bowl (or two, if needed). Melt EB, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and yeast in a saucepan over low heat. When melted, pour over chex mix and stir until well blended. Place on 2 cookie trays and cook for 15 minutes, or until toasty.
Enjoy, but not too much, cuz this goes fast. Especially if I’m around.
COOOOOKIES……
Janessa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve been making this recipe since I was a wee thing. I have it memorized and have baked these so often that I don’t even use measurements since I just eyeball how much should go in the mixing bowl. Don’t tell anyone. I know that’s not how you’re supposed to bake. :)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance, softened
- 1/2 cup vegan white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Egg Replacer Eggs (make separately before adding them)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup flour (use white, or white/wheat mix)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium size bowl, beat Earth Balance, sugar, egg replacer, and vanilla until smooth. Add baking powder, flour and oats. Use a spoon to stir until it’s well mixed. Add chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonful onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the oven off, and leave in for a minutes longer. This cooks them all the way through until they’re very soft and delicious.
Variations:
Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sub 1 cup cocoa powder for 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup oats. Add vegan white chocolate chips (you can find them at Back to Eden or Food Fight Grocery in Portland).

2 comments:
I can testify that the chex mix and the cookies are wonderful.
Those cookies look amazing. It's been so fun baking my (non-vegan) family vegan cookies this Christmas. I'l have to add this recipe to my list.
Post a Comment