So you know when all the food in your cabinet is vinegars, oils, uncooked beans, nuts and maybe some dried pasta or canned foods? I hope for your sake you say no.
I, however, know that kitchen despair all too well. I’m currently money-less, so can’t really go grocery shopping (One of my favorite pastimes.The tragedy!). I did give in though because I wanted to remember what a vegetable tastes like.
At Whole Foods, I picked up:
- 1 bunch organic spinach
- handful cremini mushrooms
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 carton Almond Milk
- 1 package corn tortillas
It set me back like 13 bucks, which wasn’t too bad.
I came home, and threw together this messy meal:
“ANYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK” SALAD
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and shredded
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 corn tortillas
Heat the beans in a saucepan over low heat (heat the other 1/2 can and save for leftovers, if so desired). I didn’t add any spices, but you totally can. Chop spinach and slice mushrooms, throw onto a plate. Once beans are warm, dump on top of bed of spinach. If you have a gas flame, turn down and place tortillas directly over flame until warm. (If you don’t have a gas range, wrap in a clean dish towel and place in oven on 250 for 5 or so minutes.) Top your thrown-together hot mess with salsa. Grab a fork and enjoy!

1 comment:
I hope you at least got a bargain on the almond milk: WF on the east coast has it on sale for $2 and a $1 off coupon; get on it!
Post a Comment