Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


02 February 2010

Happy Groundhog's Day!

Good morning! I am in the midst of getting everything ready for my trip tomorrow. I have a few things to do for Modified Style this morning, I have to pack, launder my clothes, go to the bank, pay rent, and go to work. So in the spirit of Mama Pea, I'm going to repost what I posted one year ago today. Ala Bill Murray, Sonny and Cher, and Punxsutawney Phil.

FEB 2nd, 2009

Mexico Food Recap

Mexico. I came, I saw, I tried to eat vegan. Sometimes it was only a waffle for lunch, or a side of beans and avocados and tortillas for dinner. One time we raced through the city of Veracruz following our impromptu guide, and found a prix fix (food on the run) that was ENTIRELY vegan. Not the best I've ever had, but super edible. Abby's mother-in-law made me some delicious food. Gorditas, Empanads, rice with carrots, spicy potatoes with green beans and cabbage... everything she made had the magic touch--SO GOOD. I miss the food there.
Me and Nardo, Abby's husband
Abby, me and the mechanic
VERY Japanese nuts
Juice!
Fresh vegetables!
Have I mentioned I love tacos?
Drinking Don Julio in the car. What?
Horchata!
A typical lunch
Rice and carrots. So simple, and somehow so amazing.
cutting into a fresh and juicy breakfast picked from the tree outside our window.
Little Gorditos w/ cheese (non-vegan)
Abby w/ a DIY hot toddy at the airport
Mexican Sangria. Gross.
No words. This wasn't super delicious.
soup in Veracruz
Veracruz
Nardo's mom (Abby's mom-in-law) making tortillas
Lunch at home
Waffle on the street


---
Well, what have I learned in a year? That I went to Mexico in December and didn't get around to posting until February. That I will ALWAYS love tacos. That beer and car repair shops go well together. That Don Julio and road trips to Oaxaca go well together. That Abby and I go well together. She's heading back down to Mexico to be with her hubby in a few days, and I miss her already.

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I loved this, and not just because you did what I did :) I probably wouldn't have gone back and read this post, but now I got to see it anyway! I hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

mmmm..... craving mexican food.....

Janessa said...

@Mama Pea: thanks! I am feeling MUCH better! I hope you are too!

@James: eat a taco! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely...just like you. That trip was super fun...I hope you're enjoying NYC. I'm in LA and heading home to ol' Mexico next week. Loves!

Related Posts with Thumbnails