A look at some Italian eats:
Garlic Knots
Fresh-baked garlic knots with a cold marinara dipping sauce from Bella Faccia Pizzeria on 29th and Alberta. My guest and I sprinkled on loads of nutritional yeast (of course), oregano, salt and pepper. We both like things heavenly-seasoned (just ask anyone who attempts to eat the popcorn I make), but on their own they were still warm, soft and doughy-delicious.
Pizza
One night last month there was an epic slumber party with 3 of us gals. It involved pigtails, pillow fights, pinot, pizza, and pajamas. It was pretty much the most fun ever, in part due to the yummy pizza we made. We used store-bought pizza dough, bruschetta sauce, mushrooms, onions, tofurkey sausage, and lots of red pepper. I know the lighting isn't terrific for these pics (we ate at 11pm) but I hope you can catch a glimpse of it's pure awesomeness. Turns out a pizza stone really does make a difference.
Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
Lasagna Rolls
These last two are recipe tests for the Happy Herbivore cookbook coming out this fall. All fat-free vegan, easy, and super flavorful.

3 comments:
i had garlic knots at Old Town Pizza on MLK and they were awesome! oily, but so good! so soft! garlicky!
That lasagna looks SO good! I want! I giggled when I read of the pajama party. Such fun!
When is a good time for me to get some of your extra lasagna? I'd be happy to take a bit off your hands. :)
Post a Comment