HOWEVER, I stopped by the Wednesday morning Farmer's Market, which I haven't been to in quite awhile, due to my usual Wednesdays: The kegs come into the Ale House on Wednesday mornings, and I've had that shift for the past month or so; it's nice smelling fresh lavender and tasting ripe blueberries instead of pushing kegs around.
Everything was beautiful. The produce, the flowers, the people, the weather; it made me so appreciative to live in Portland in the summer time. I didn't buy anything, but I took a few pictures.
Man, so gorgeous. It was a lovely way to spend a morning. After that, I placed myself on a bench in Pioneer Courthouse Square and finished writing a letter to Abby, who is in Mexico and doesn't have too much english in her life right now. (Which is wonderful and frustrating at the same time, I'd imagine.)
While I was at work today I saw a beautiful looking pasta with broiled mozzarella go out. It looked delicious as only melted cheese does, but instead I opted for the spaghetti and red sauce, with mixed veggies--cremini mushrooms, zucchini, basil, and red pepper flakes. Yum! I felt so much better after eating that than I would have after eating a mound of cheese.
So--good news--I just got a phone call from a pay phone at the Plaid Pantry on 23rd and Glisan--Ingrid and her boyfriend Jameson and her two pets have made it safely down from Alaska, and are coming to get the keys to our new house! I am so happy to finally see Ingrid--it's been 2 years, and now we're moving in together--what joy!
And what good timing, as I'm a bit sleepy.

No comments:
Post a Comment