Today, in honor of Blog Day, I made some sangria for me, my brother Ahimsa and my FSIL--favorite sister-in-law--Michelle. We needed something summer-y and refreshing.
I put in about a cup of blueberries (left over from a great deal I found at Fred Meyer last week), one peach (it wasn't quite ripe, but for some reason I thought the alcohol would ripen it? Weird. It, obviously, is still a little crunchy.), and one sliced lemon.
I used a bottle and a half of cheap white wine from Trader Joe's, a half cup of "Grand Monarch" (cheap Grand Marnier) and a splash of club soda.
Chill, and enjoy.
On that note, I still have a few lemons and some blueberries to use up. Ideas? I was thinking a blueberry lemon pound cake, or blueberry cornmeal muffins/cupcakes with a lemon glaze. I might just buy a bottle of rum and make a blueberry-lemon infusion.

5 comments:
blueberry lemon scones are very tasty...i heart you! t-minus 4ish days and then i'll be able to eat and drink yummy stuff with you!
that was some pretty good sangria ... but obviously complimented by the pina collossus cookies.
you picked "epicurious" as your name! did you know that type 7's are called epicures???
The White Sangria's were Dangerous! Perhaps I will invite you as my special cooking/baking/cocktail make*n sidekick on the next episode of Fried Green Vegan??? (shameless plug) I'll have my people call your people! -Mik
Post a Comment