This Seattle trip was for a fashion show called Modified Style. Each designer paid ten dollars and received a bag of scrap material. After choosing a model, the designer has to make an original dress. Andrea, who had never sewn before, decided to jump in and do it, and she picked me to be her model. She's been working on it for a few months, in addition to a full-time job and finishing her MBA. Busy girl!
The dresses are sold in a silent auction, with the proceeds going to charity. There were 9 of us models total, 2 of us being under the age of 10. :) We all had a blast.
I don't have any pictures of my dress yet, but I'll post them when I do. Here are some pictures of the night:
Here's Andrea and Ryan:
I drank *way* too much wine and sangria, ate *way* too many nachos after it was over, and the 3 of us passed out by 9:30 pm. Yikes! I woke up really early though and went for a walk along Green Lake.
If anyone is interested in designing or modeling, let me know!

3 comments:
man i would totally be in! can i mail in my design? or at least make it an annual thing. can't wait to see pictures of you strutting your stuff
Will you be here in June? If not, you can TOTALLY mail your design!
not sure what will unfold for me at this point in time, but i am in whatever the way may be :)
Post a Comment