BUT!
When I finally left, at the 12th hour, I locked up, headed outside, and saw... Pandemonium. People on the street. Yelling, waving their arms, kissing. Every time the crosswalk light flashed, hordes of people ran across the street, shouting, crying, laughing. Fireworks in the sky. Horns honking. Homemade drums beaten. To see this many people so happy, to see that we do believe in change, that anything is possible, gives me and my generation hope. My bad day melted away. We live in a place where we can vote, where we can celebrate when we (finally) win, and where Barrack Obama just became our 44th president elect.
____
I tried to capture the mayhem on the street, Rob lifting his bicycle to the melody of car horns honking, and then there's Shelley and I, bathing in our happiness (and with a glass of champagne, naturally).

1 comment:
Whoo Hooo!!!
Post a Comment