Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


06 August 2009

Crazy Rumors

No, not the illicit juicy sexy kind of crazy rumors.


The completely legal juicy sexy chapstick kind.

I know, I know, you may not think it's as titillating as the former, but I promise you, this is even better.

Yes, that's right. This is a PRODUCT REVIEW.





Here's a little bit about Crazy Rumors, from their website:

Who says Natural can’t be Fun!?

We certainly believe it can be and we’re here to prove that this is not just another Crazy Rumor!

Crazy Rumors gives your lips a healthy dose of super vitamin enriched kissability, blended with your favorite and delicious, naturally derived flavors and fabulous packaging, all while changing your view on how simply natural can be sensational for both you and the environment!

Peruse our parade of all natural and vegan, beneficial ingredients and you’ll be sure to find only the best and most desirable make their way in! Vitamin Enriched and Moisturizing Organic Shea Butter, Silky Smooth and Soothing Jojoba Oil, perfectly blended together with Organic Natural Flavors and Pure Essential Oils. Best of all, we slightly sweeten everything with a hint of Natural Stevia - an amazingly awesome combination that will leave your kiss in bliss!

Available in 5 fantastic lines:

For the Coffee Lover:
Perk available in 6 Captivating Coffee Flavors

For the Tea Lover
Brew available in 6 Rejuvenating Tea Flavors

Still screaming for Ice Cream?
A La Mode available in 6 Indulgent Ice Cream Flavors

Chew on this!
Gumball available in 3 Bubble Gum Inspired Flavors


I love them. I went on a spree a few months ago--1/2 off all flavors. They're usually pretty reasonably priced at $4 a pop, but when you throw 1/2 off into the deal, it's silly to stay away. They just added another line: fresh-squeezed. Um, yum?!
There's also a Hibiskiss; a softly-tinted lip balm that runs for $6 each.

Why I love them:
* They are an all-natural vegan company. No testing on animals here. Though this is cute: "Occasionally one of our cats will get hold of one and use it as a hockey puck :) besides that we absolutely do not test our products on any animals, just ourselves, friends, family."

* No extra waste here! They use only recycled boxes and packing peanuts for their shipping orders.

* All their ingredients are pronounceable. Thank goodness. Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Candelilla Wax, Soy Wax, Natural & Organic Flavors, Vitamin E, Organic Carnauba Wax & Natural Stevia

* The flavors are AMAZING. My all-time favorite is peppermint lemongrass from the Brew line. With a sweet yet tart flavor, I find it hard not to eat the whole stick in one go.

Others that I've tried so far:

Orange Bergamot (Brew)
One of my faves. This one was definitely an acquired taste though. So strong and tea-like, at first, it was almost too powerful. I soldiered on though, and now have to struggle not to lick it off as soon as I apply.

Ginger Peach (Brew)
Good. The ginger flavor comes out a little stronger than the peach. This one is like a nice herbal tea that's been steeping awhile.

Amaretto (Perk)
Sweet and almond-y. Yum.

HibisKiss Pearl ~ HibisKiss Coral


Both these are slightly floral tasting and super enjoyable. The Pearl is a lighter color, and probably my personal favorite. The coral tint shows up a little darker.
~~~

If you sign up for the mailing list, you'll get semi-regular offers for special deals when ordering; I say TAKE THEM. They're worth every penny.

2 comments:

Ahimsa said...

I thought Carnuba wax wasn't vegan?

Also, Jojoba isn't that pronounceable. I always thought it was Jo-jabba (like the hut) when we were kids.

Janessa said...

Carnauba wax IS vegan--it comes from a Brazilian palm.

If I told you half the things I've heard about this Jabba the Hutt, you'd probably short-circuit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails