It's been just over a month since I left the BridgePort Ale House.
In that time I've accomplished a lot and I feel so lucky, happy, blessed, productive, excited, accomplished and busy because of it!
5 Reasons why I feel happy (plus 2 extras at the end):
DEMAND STUDIOS
I applied for and was accepted to write freelance articles for Demand Studios. Demand Studios owns websites like e-how. I had to come up with a writing resume (much easier than I thought it would be at first) and now I can choose to write articles on pretty much anything whenever I want. I'm paid a small amount per article, which definitely helps out!
So far I've written:
It's a great freelancing opportunity (thanks Lindsey at Happy Herbivore for the suggestion!) that I am happy to have.
CULTUREMOB PORTLAND CITY EDITOR
I recently became the Portland City Editor of CultureMob; the online urban entertainment website and blog. Writing an article a week, I'll focus on Portland life. So far I've written about Musicfest NW (going on right now!) and the Best of Belmont.
If you have any suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear them. Please leave them in the comments below.
This is so much fun already!
PORTLAND VEGAN EXAMINER
The Examiner is a nationwide online resource with many different specializations. After a lengthy application process and background check, my first article was just published today. I guess it was actually too long, so it's been broken up into 4 articles. All four articles center around the theme of eating vegan on the cheap. I've thrown in several easy recipes as well.
I'm aiming to write 3 or 4 articles a week focusing on all things vegan in Portland. If you have any suggestions for story ideas here I'd love to hear them.
I'm so excited to begin writing for the Portland Examiner.
EPICURIOUS VEGAN
Of course I'm also writing this here blog. There's all sorts of fun and awesome opportunities that go with writing Epicurious Vegan. Most recently: Susan, part of the founding team of Go Max Go, was kind enough to grant me an interview, which I just posted here. Keep checking back; I'll have more interviews, recipes, and perhaps some giveaways in the near future.
BACK TO EDEN
Back to Eden Bakery Boutique is opening next Tuesday, September 22nd. Garrett and John, the owners, are dear friends of mine. I've been helping them with the process since April and I am incredibly excited for this vegan bakery boutique to finally open! It's definitely crunch time right now, but come Tuesday everyone can see the hard work and passion that these boys have put into Back to Eden, and I'm so thankful to be a part of it.
And 2 to grow on:
* I've taken up running! I love it. Who would have thought? I really need new shoes though! Mine are 2 years old and hurt my knees every time I go out.
* This time in a month I'll be in Turkey! Wandering through ancient bazaars, sipping turkish coffee, kayaking over sunken cities, visiting sea tortoises, walking along the Angean Sea coast... I love traveling to new and exciting places and immersing myself in the culture. As nerve-wracking as it can sometimes be, traveling opens up so many doors and pathways in your head and in your heart. I can't wait.

6 comments:
With all the vegan write-ups and articles, I think you should be contractually obligated from here on out to refer to it as "Tofurkey." And Istanbul can be "Istansoybull."
I'm so excited and proud of you for all your writing ventures...
im from malaysia. what a great post! welcome to my blog :')
How can we find you on the examiner? What's your handle?
hi Abigail!
Here's the link to my public profile:
http://www.examiner.com/x-23968-Portland-Vegan-Examiner
Congrats on all the writing opportunities! I'll admit, I'm supposed to be an Examiner, too and I've just about fallen off the edge of the Earth. I'm hoping to fix that, soon.
Turkey, wow, that is so amazing. I can't wait to see your pictures from the trip!
Post a Comment