JANESSA’s SMOKEY BBQ SAUCE
A recipe for a sweet and smokey bbq sauce. It makes about 1 cup.
- 6 oz tomato paste (1 small can)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbs vegan worcester sauce
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tb powdered hickory smoke
- 1 tsp veggie broth powder (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- dash of cocoa powder
- dash of cayenne
- dash of white or blush wine (optional)
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl or blender. Blend. Use as a dipping sauce, a pizza base, or whatever your little heart desires.
It’s easy to modify, too. Substitute molasses as a sweetener if you want. Use liquid hickory smoke instead of powdered and leave out 1/2 the water. Leave out the cocoa powder if it freaks you out. Add more cayenne or some Secret Aardvark Sauce if you like it extra spicy. Use some IPA or Porter instead of white wine, if you’re so inclined.
Soy Nuggets from Trader Joe’s with Janessa’s Smokey BBQ Sauce

4 comments:
Mmmm I love smokey bbq sauce! This one sounds perfect! I'll definitely have to try it!
Thanks! It's pretty simple, and it was yummy with those nuggets, and on a bbq pizza I made later for dinner.
I quite enjoyed your BBQ sauce!
Thanks babe!
Post a Comment