This year though, my older brother Ahimsa is in South Korea (ugh! Come home already!) and circumstances were not in favor of my mom, little brother and I spending time together.
Though several friends were kind enough to invite me to their celebrations, I wanted to something little and…family-like.
I ended up spending Thanksgiving with:
Shelley: my Southern Belle-we share a tattoo and memories of our recent Turkey trip.
Rob: my hilarious boyfriend.
Craig Steele: a really good friend and future roommate.
Our vegan Thanksgiving Menu:
· Maple-glazed roasted Brussels sprouts with maple bacon bits
· Cremini mushroom gravy
· Sweet potato pie with crumb pecan topping
· Fresh green bean and button mushroom casserole
· Cashew cream mashed potatoes with chives
· Savory sausage and garden herb stuffing
· Mini vanilla bean pumpkin pies w/ agave-sweetened cashew whip cream
The day was spent chopping and boiling and slicing and baking and blending and drinking and experimenting and finally, eating. We all went went around the little table and gave thanks for what we are thankful for. I’m thankful that even though I couldn’t spend this Thanksgiving with my immediate family, I had loving and laughing friends around all day and had a simply wonderful time.
How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was completely vegan and completely delicious. I hope that whatever was on your plate was enjoyed and whether you spent the day with family, friends, or by yourself you had a wonderful and loving Holiday.
~~~~~
Don’t forget to enter the Missionary Chocolate Giveaway!


No comments:
Post a Comment