Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


22 August 2008

I want to ride my bicycle

I rode my bicycle uphill today. Both ways. In the snow.

It felt like it, at any rate. Biking up Mississippi is quite an undertaking. I kept thinking, "My littlelegs cannot do this! This huffing and puffing is not natural. I should just get off and walk the rest of the way."
I persevered, however. I was the little Nessa that could. All that sweat and dry throat and exhaustion (and really, this hill probably wouldn't intimidate most of you. But lord, I'm still practicing!) kept getting recycled into this: I will work really really hard right now. I will peddle as fast as my legs can go. I will drip sweat. And in a few minutes, I will reward myself with a margarita.

Which I did. 3 margaritas. Yum. And you know what? The bike ride home? So much easier. All downhill. I don't think I had to peddle for more than 60 seconds at a time. That's what I love about uphill--there's always a downhill on the way back (and usually a margarita!)

1 comment:

anna said...

look i'm commenting on your blog, being the faithful reader that i am. how could you not make it up the hill if the temptation of margaritas was on the other side? always a good motivator in life. when i return we shall ride up many hills and be sweaty together drinking margaritas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails