Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


04 August 2008

Visitors!

Well, my friend Anna and her boyfriend Eric are here staying with me. They hail from the lovely city of Charleston, South Carolina.

They've been in town visiting while I've been attempting to haphazardly move some stuff over to my new house/opulent loft/huge living space thing I'm moving into.
I stayed the other night at my new place with Ingrid and Jameson (who's going back up to Alaska today.)

We drank copious amounts of booze--I had boxed red wine--more delicious than one might think, especially after a few glasses of white wine and sangria--and they had beer. We wandered around the place, glasses in hand, planning what Ingrid and I were going to do with all the space. Great Ideas were bandied about--like a movie projector in the living room.
Snacks seemed like a good idea, so Jameson headed to the Shell Station with 15 bucks. Gross.

(The best combination I came up with was a jalepeno corn chip and a square of Hershey's chocolate. *shudder*)

Yesterday my brother came over and helped me take a load over. We went over to Por Que No on Mississippi after. He hadn't been there before, and he loved it. We had a raspberry limeade and chips and salsa.

and I ordered 2 veggie tacos--home-made corn tortilla, beans, and veggies. Not just wimpy veggies either, but mushrooms, broccoli, tomato, yellow squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. Delicious. Typically, I forgot to take pictures of our food. I get so excited I just dive right in! Just know--it was fresh and filling and...just good.

I took a nap and then headed to the gym and then met up with Ann
a & Eric and our friend Erin at Serratto for Happy Hour. I had a green salad with garlic chips (left out the beets and chevre) that was pretty good and then Erin and I split the pizza of the day (Pizza Del Giorno): tomatoes, basil, mozarella, and tomato sauce. I don't think there was a single vegan option there.

After, I had a glass of Muscato and we all shared some dessert:

Headed over to 21st Bar and Grill, where my camera died. After a few beers, we decided to try out Bar Mingo, the companion area to Cafe Mingo that just opened a few months ago.
We had a few drinks, but I got sleepy, and was ready for home. Craig Steele and his friend visiting from Boston came by for a drink before heading to Sinferno @ Dante's, and then Anna and Eric and I were done. We headed home for sleep.

Today I'm going to go get boxes--maybe at BridgePort?--and do a lot of packing and cleaning. I stepped on a stupid roll of tape yesterday and cut my toe on the serrated edge. I have 3 band-aids on it. Ouch.







3 comments:

Cilicia said...

Wow, what excellent shots of the food and drink. I'm hungry now!!!

Ahimsa said...

Likewise. I cannot look at those chips and salsa or rasberry limeade without wanting to go back.

Cilicia said...

What lovely photos!

Hope your toe is better~

xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails