I'm at stuck at home all day. My landlord has kept me company the majority of the day. Scrubbing and cleaning and playing with plywood and mess and a constant stream of mostly pleasant chatter.
I'm bored. There's only so much a girl can do all day in a situation like this, without resorting to sorting through the murky wet clothes and shoes and deciding what to throw out and what to keep. That is too depressing for me currently.
So. On to more fun, semi-productive things.
I found a hodgepodge of recipes I've been collecting over the past year that I have not yet tried. This blog entry will document them. I will lessen my clutter and resume blog posting. win/win.
** I did not, unfortunately, write down the source for some of these. Oops. I'll be better next time. Probably.
Peanut Butter Coconut Ice Cream
* 1 can light coconut milk (13.5 oz)
* 1/2 c maple syrup
* 1/2 c crunchy peanut butter
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup soy cream
Puree everything but the soy creamer in a blender until smooth. Pour into 2 ice cube trays and freeze until solid. Place 1/2 of ice cream cubes and 1/2 cup soy creamer in blender and process til smooth and creamy. Repeat with 2nd tray and remaining cream.
6 servers
305 calories/6 grams protein/18.5 grams fat/32 grams carbs/1 gram fiber/26 grams sugar
___________
Mimosa Biscuits
preheat oven to 350
2 1/2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP finely grated orange zest
2 TBSP shortening (Earth Balance)
1/2 c champagne
1/2 c orange juice
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and orange zest. Work shortening into the flour mixture with the tips of your fingers, or cup using 2 knives. Add the champagne and orange juice gradually, mixing with a knife to form a soft dough ball. Roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Cut rounds with 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Bake for 12/15 minutes. Serve with fruit compote.
Serves 12
____________
Grand Marnier (Vegan!) Souffle
preheat oven to 350
1 c chocolate chips
1 lb firm tofu
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4-1 c agave nectar
3-4 TBSP Grand Marnier or other liquor
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c soymilk
1/2 c unbleached white flour
1 tsp baking powder
Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler. Place remaining ingredients in a food processor, process until smooth and creamy. Add melted chocolate, process a few more moments. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 quart souffle mold or glass baking dish.
Bake until completely puffed up, about 45 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, serve immediately.
499 calories/16 g protein/ 16 g fat/68 g carbs/ 5 g fiber
_______________
White or Red Sangria
1 bottle white wine, such as riesling
1/2 c grand marnier
1 lime
1 orange
1 peach
1 cup strawberries
sugar
sparkling water
~OR~
1 bottle red wine
2 TBSP Brandy
1/4 c orange juice
sugar
fruit
sparkling water
I would make a simple syrup out of vegan sugar rather than just mixing it in. Boil equal amounts sugar and water together until the sugar dissolves. Cool.
I've actually made both of these and they both turned out great.
______________
Okay, I'm done with this portion of recipes. I'm going to have a glass of wine and try to un-grumpify myself.
01 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great recipes! I'm happy to see the EV is back up and kicking.
Those recipes all sound so good!
Post a Comment