Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


25 April 2009

Monkeys & Margaritas

First:

Fresh Orange, Raspberry and Lime Margarita

When I got home from work yesterday, I wanted blended goodness. I threw an orange, 2 limes, and 1/2 cup of raspberries into my VitaMix with some ice, tequila, and triple sec. 30 seconds later, frozen fruit goodness with a kick.

Next:

Funky Monkey
I went to the Alibi Karaoke Lounge with Shelley last night. I ordered the funky monkey which had banana and sprite and coconut rum and pineapple juice. It was, as expected, pretty disgusting. But fun. I watered it down and it eventually tasted like banana water. Mmmm. :)


This morning:

I wanted a different kind of Green Smoothie, and I found this recipe over at Healthy Tipping Point (which she in turn got from someone else).

Holy Yum! So good! I modified it a bit to include what I had around.

Best Green Smoothie

* 2 cups greens (I used mustard greens, collard greens, and some butterleaf lettuce)
* 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
* 2 T flax seed
* 1 banana
* 1/2 apple
* 1/2 pear
* ice

Throw in y0ur VitaMix, blend, and be transported to green heaven.

1 comment:

Cilicia said...

I'll take one of each!

Related Posts with Thumbnails