Anyway, I made some Mock Tuna Salad yesterday.
It was remarkably easy and deliciously tasty. Yes, deliciously tasty.
Here's how:
MOCK TUNA SALAD
• 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (we don't need all that salt that comes in canned food!)
• 2 T Wildwood Garlic Aioli
• 1 T Dill (I used dried, but fresh would be superb!)
• ¼ cup red onion, chopped
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 t mustard powder
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 1t lemon juice
• ½ sheet nori, torn (seaweed paper)
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Throw (or toss, gently. Whichever.) everything into a food processor except the onion and celery. Puree. You may need to scrape everything once or twice.
Add celery and onion. You want to keep them whole so there’s that nice crunch. Optional: Throw in a few more chickpeas for a little extra somethin’.
*This was so good! I put it in a pita with some lettuce and salsa and made a sandwich. Then I just got some crackers and dipped. And dipped. And dipped.
Mmmmmm.
Oh yeah, I use a big T to indicate Tablespoon and a little t to indictate teaspoon. Something my mamma taught me years ago.:)
This picture is not mine, as my camera is still broken (!) but I borrowed it from my friend over at http://happyherbivore.com.

4 comments:
Yay! Love the new blog!!! And that sammich looks delicious!
Thanks! Love your blog too. :)
Hey. I'm finally checking out your blog after seeing numerous posts on your facebook. I love it. The mock tuna salad sounds delicious.
Amee, thanks for checking out my blog.
The tuna salad WAS delicious, though I think I ate way too much of it.
Post a Comment