Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


02 August 2009

Meal Planning

I'm trying something new.

Meal Planning for the week.

This is not so much because I'm such a daredevil that I love doing new exciting things like pre-planning all my meals. No.
This is because I just spent a shitload of money at Fred Meyer, and I REALLY want to make sure I use up everything I bought.

Usually I end up having to toss quite a few things. Produce just seems to go bad so quickly. I'm sure we've all been there when we peer into the fridge, thinking "AHA! I finally know how to use all that ginger/spinach/pound of tomatoes/mushrooms/etc that I purchased a few days ago."
Only to find that it has actually been a week and a half and now you know why it smells funny in there.

So, here I go.

This is what I have so far:

Chickpea tuna salad in pita bread

Raw Romaine Lettuce Wrap with hummus, broccoli slaw, tomato, basil, carrots

Smoothies—carrots, ginger, blueberries, strawberries, spinach, nectarines.

Tacos—beans, romaine, spinach, tofu, green pepper, onion.

Salad—romaine, spinach, green pepper, cranberries, almonds, tofu.

Pizza—pepperoni , mushrooms, sausage, green pepper, black olives, red sauce. OR pesto pizza with almonds, ricotta, (something sweet)

Mac and Cheese with whole wheat elbow noodles, yeast/cashew cheese sauce, green peas, and soysauge

Roasted Brussels sprouts and Broccolini

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i come eat at your house?

Janessa said...

Yeah! I need all the extra mouths I can get! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails