Please update your bookmarks and RSS feeds and head to epicuriousvegan.com.
Thanks for reading!


19 August 2009

Vegan Supper Club--Mediterranean Style


Our 3rd month Vegan Supper Club was last Sunday. Everyone had fun.
I mean
everyone; check out how happy Ollie is:


The spread included seitan gyros with green goddess dressing; eggplant and chickpea stew; a mix of Mediterranean olives including castelvetrano, my absolute all-time favorite; tabbouli; panzanella salad; penne pasta salad with mint and tofu ricotta; spinach salad; greek tofu salad, and an extremely local blueberry crisp. Oh, and 6 bottles of wine.

What?

Anywaaaaaaay, here's my plate:

You can't see everything I piled on there. You also can't see how many times I went back for seconds. And thirds. And... hell, let's just say when there's an abundance of vegan food sitting on the table in front of you, you might constantly have a full plate (and a full belly).


What I brought:

Penne Pasta Salad with fresh mint, local tomotoes and cucumbers (from Back to Eden's garden), kalamata olives, spicy red peppers, and a lemon-basil tofu ricotta.




Spinach Salad with orange and grapefruit segments, red onions, garden mint, greek olives, and a fresh citrus-shallot vinaigrette:



Food was divine, wine was flowing, friends were fabulous, conversation flowed, badmitton was played (shuttlecock!), and everything was just super.

Looking forward to next month!

7 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

The pasta looks lovely! love the sound of the tofu lemon ricotta.

Janessa said...

thanks! It was pretty tasty.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next one!

Karla said...

ooo, i love the Badminton!

Janessa said...

I drank copious amounts of (vegan) wine instead of playing badminton.


Huh. Until just now I always thought it was bad-mitton. like an ill-behaved glove. Only when you typed it out for me, Karla, did I realize there's an 'n' in there. Cool.

Amy said...

Awww Ollie is cuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!

I'd love to be having those salads on my dinner plate tonight! Yum!

Janessa said...

Thanks! I have a things for other people's pugs. :)

Cilicia said...

Everything looks so good!

Ollie is very cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails