Well, hello there. Looking for Part 2 of my Vegan Post? It’s coming, I promise. It’s even mostly written. But I have a lot of giveaways coming up, and they’re all just so exciting, I had to do one RIGHT NOW.
Back to Eden is this amazing vegan bakery in Portland, OR. Sure, I work for them, and sure, I’m biased, but Garrett Jones, the baker and owner, is an AMAZING baker. Not just an amazing vegan baker, but amazing, period.
Think I’m exaggerating? I implore you to challenge me. Come in to the shop and try a maple walnut scone or a Rocky Road cupcake or a pumpkin whoopie pie or a slice of pumpkin pie or a gluten-free blueberry almond muffin or some peanut butter fudge. (And say hi to me, while you’re at it.)
Don’t live in Portland? Don’t fret. I’ve got a delicious giveaway for you. Do live in Portland? The giveaway is for you, too. And it’s something that Garrett doesn’t even sell at Back to Eden (yet?). That’s right. I’ve got a super delicious limited item for you.
Vegans, remember Nutella? That creamy, milk-chocolatey hazelnutty spreadable yum? No need to salivate in remembrance any more. Garrett has offered his amazing Not-tella to my readers for a giveaway.
I’ve had this, dear ones, and let me tell you; it is major yum. It’s delicious with almond butter on toast (seriously delicious), it’s delicious out of the jar (I do that often. Who’d do that?!), it’s delicious with bananners in a sandwich… pretty much anything you’d do with Nutella you’d do with this kinder and gentler chocolate hazelnut spread.
Want to enter? Just leave a comment below stating the first thing you’d do with Garrett’s Not-tella.
Deadline to enter is this Saturday, November 15th.
To enter twice, just tweet this on twitter.
Like chocolate but allergic to or grossed out by nuts? Stay tuned for a future giveaway that includes some of the best truffles I’ve ever eaten in my entire life.
And Part Two of the Vegan post is totally coming!
***
EDITED TO ADD: Yes, I will ship anywhere in the continental United States! Also, I will picking the Winner this time through a random number generator.

27 comments:
is this a random lottery or whoever comes up with the best answer? i feel like i should say something randy to stick out of the crowd...
but what i would probably do with it is dip pretzels into it or (finally) make some crepes to eat with it or smear some on Dave's Killer Good Seed or...there's more, i just figured i don't need to give you every single thing...
Umm, bathe in it probably. Of course, I'd still eat it as well!
The first thing I would do is bake up a batch of Veganomicon crepes and slather this on with some powdered sugar! I love BTE; visited the week after opening from the east coast and have been thinking about it ever since. You're all great! I'm waiting for you to offer mail order :-)
I just want to hide it on a high shelf and eat it straight from the jar after my kids go to bed.
Oh! I would try really hard to wait until my buckwheat waffles were ready to smear it on, but I would fail and just stab my finger in and lick it off.
oooooh! i think i would put it on top of a batch of peanut butter waffles.
hm..
1. take spoon out of silverware drawer
2. open jar of not-tella
3. scoop not-tella; insert into mouth
4. repeat
seriously would probably do that first... then make some banana oats and put a blob on it til it gets all gooey :) mmmmm...
I have fond memories of nutella! When my family visited me in Rome, we would buy it, then eat it with crusty bread on our train rides from city to city. That is probably what I would do - try to find some of that similar bread! I am happy to find out there is a vegan alternative!
My favorite use is either directly off the spoon or on a sandwich with peanut butter! ~ :) Thanks!
Spread it on whole wheat toast and top with bananas and strawberries!
I would probably eat a little bit with some peanut butter (melted!) And then put it on everything I eat throughout the day because I have no self control. haha, so true!
i'd schmear it over two slices of toast and then add sliced bananas, strawberries, and dried mango. delicious!
...then i'd proceed to lick the spoon...and hopefully maintain my cool and not shove a finger into the jar and scoop out a giant gob of holy not-ella.
I used to love eating Nutella and banana sandwiches but now I can't have Nutella.. I really hope I can get a chance to eat something similar again.
The first thing I would do with a jar of Not-ella is a total no-brainer. I would rip the package open next to the mailbox on the sidewalk, whip the lid off the jar, and stick my right index finger right in there and in my mouth! Who needs a spoon?!
I have flashbacks to the kit-kat bar commercials when I'd mix some with a spoon full of peanut butter.
"You've got Not-Tella in my peanut butter."
"You've got peanut butter on my Not-Tella"
first I'd try it on toast, but then honestly I'm sure the rest would be consumed straight outta the jar :)
I've never tried Not-Tella but I'm excited to try it! I think I will probably smear it on pancakes!
I think I'll smear it on pancakes!
First thing I'd do with it? Devour it of course!
Slathered on vegan banana pancakes!
it's likely i'd just take a spoon to it, but in an attempt to appear at least half of the way classy, i'd probably make some vegan banana soft serve and mix this in with it. upon eating, i would promptly die and go to heaven.
I miss Nutella so much... honestly, I would just eat it straight outta the jar with a spoon! Maybe even my fingers!
Ohhhh. Mmm, I think for a random snack I'd get some crackers and spread not-tella on it and show it off in class. THEN once I get home, make some AWESOME pancakes and spread it on top and put some banana slices on top!!
THEN! If i'm hungry at night, I'll just stick my index finger in there and start lickin'! :D
I'd do what I used to do as a kid, I'd deep a teaspoon in the Not-tella pot and then I'd deep it in the box of cornflakes... ooooooh! Yummie!
Toast, in the morning, with coffee!
Or maybe I'll just show up a Karla's and force her to make those crepes she mentioned...
I'd eat it with my fingers. Spoons are for people with patience.
At first thought, I figured I'd use it with Suzanne's Ricemallow Creme to make a cool fluffernutter sandwich, but then I had the idea to use it to ice cupcakes. Mmmm.
Post a Comment