Then,
Abby and I went wine tasting. It was the annual autumn tasting sponsored by Galaxy Wines. We stuck to white wines and champagnes (real champagnes, too, not just "sparkling wines"). The fruit and cracker platter was tasty, but not enough to ward off a case of tipsy-ness.
It was awesome of Dave to invite us--he's the bar manager at BridgePort and gets these sorts of invites all the time.
After wine tasting and hobnobbing, Abby and I made our way to a wig store, where I became the proud owner of a new hairstyle. What fun!
I desperately wanted her to experience the Liberty Glass, so we walked up there from my house. Played some BINGO (!), took some pictures:
Um, they have DELICIOUS mac and cheese. I should have taken a picture, but was too carried away by the sheer gooey-goodness of it.
Instead, I have a picture of my dinner tonight: mashed potatoes with sauteed spinach, butternut squash, sage and hazelnuts.
It's just work food, but the BridgePort Ale House has made some really good stuff recently. There's a yummy black bean burger (vegetarian but not vegan--it's made with a little bit of aioli) and a super duper yummy dish that has quinoa, tofu, arugula, and a vegan cashew-tomato sauce. KILLER!
I'm home early, and am headed to sleep soon, cuz I've got lots of stuff goin' on in the next few days: bowling tomorrow night, and then Rob and I are going out to McMenamins Edgefield on Thursday for the night! Fun! Have any of you guys been out there? I've been once, but it was so long ago! I'm most excited about the soaking pool and tea house. I'll take lots of pictures, I'm sure.

1 comment:
Excellent recap of the evening. You forgot to tell about the wine that tasted like eye shadow though. And how all of the champagnes were really gross because they were missing the orange juice. Weird. Also, if anyone else is reading this I need to second to the power of ten how AWESOME the mac and cheese is at Liberty Glass. Wowza! A shout out to your new wig too. Woo Hoo!
Post a Comment